The wedding is over but the fun is just getting started! While weddings are a beautiful and sacred ritual, they can also be stressful and expensive. Honeymoons give the newlyweds a chance to finally unwind and revel in the beauty of matrimony. While some couples elect to spend a week or two lounging on a faraway beach, others go for a more exotic and thrilling experience – an Adventure Honeymoon.
Just like it sounds, an adventure honeymoon places you and your spouse on a quest for excitement, the unknown, the magical, and an experience that you will remember for a lifetime. Imagine trekking the ruins of a castle in Europe, zip lining over a forest in Hawaii, or scuba diving through exotic coral reefs off the coast of Australia. The possibilities are simply endless when planning an adventure honeymoon – the hardest part is choosing where to go and what to do! Let’s take a look at a few of the most popular Adventure Honeymoon destinations.
South Africa, located on the tip of the African continent, is home to one of the most diverse cultural blends in the world. With 11 official languages, beautiful beaches, lush plateaus and mountain ranges, and a huge range of exotic animals like giraffes, rhinos, and lions, South Africa is an adventure waiting to happen.
You might worry that your South African adventure honeymoon will leave out the romance part and focus only on the adventure, but in South Africa, you can have it all! In between safari adventures, searching for exotic animals, scuba diving off the coast, and repelling up the sides of mountains, you and your spouse can walk hand in hand for miles down the beach, sip wine from your private balcony, and dine at glamorous restaurants you’ll never find at home.
After planning a wedding, you may not feel like planning the adventure of a lifetime. Thankfully, there are dozens of travel agencies that specialize in taking the busy work out of planning your adventure honeymoon, allowing you and your spouse to get right to the heart of the matter – having an amazing time! If you’d rather someone take care of the dirty work for you, consider checking into a South African Adventure Honeymoon Package. For one inclusive price, these package deals usually include:
• Flights and accommodations (usually in four-star hotels)
• Exciting activities like exotic safari adventures, hikes through untainted forests, and visits to some of the most beautiful waterfalls and coves in the world
If you haven’t started planning your adventure honeymoon, put South Africa on your list!
There’s no place in the world quite like Hawaii. Made up of hundreds of islands, Hawaii is easy to get absorbed into, making you feel like you never want to leave!
Honeymoon adventures are extremely popular in Hawaii, mainly due to the ease of travel, huge variety of cultures and geography, and affordability. A few ideas for your Hawaiian adventure include:
• Mountain biking up Haleakala, an active volcano on the island of Maui
• Going on a zip line tour, which are very popular in Hawaii, with some thousands of feet long over lush plains and mountain ranges
• Waterfall hikes – there are hundreds of hidden waterfalls all over the Hawaiian islands
• Helicopter tours – see all of the islands from the most amazing view possible
• Scuba diving
Australia is one of the most popular destinations for the adventurous. With its diverse and varying landscape, exciting cities, beautiful beaches, and vivid wildlife, Australia has something to offer for everyone.
If you decide Australia is the place for your adventure honeymoon, be sure to:
• Snorkel at the iconic Great Barrier Reef (you can see Nemo!)
• Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
• Visit the Australia Zoo, owned and operated by the Irwin family
• Learn how to surf
• Adventure through the Blue Mountains, searching for kangaroos and koalas
• Check out the biggest ‘rock’ in the world at Ayers Rock
• Travel to the other side of Australia and visit the city of Perth and explore the Pinnacles Desert at the Nambung National Park
• Scuba dive at Ningaloo Reef and Coral Bay
• Take a camel ride on Cable Beach in Broome, enjoying the beautiful sunset
• Or simply enjoy the wonders of the outback in the Northern Territory
The great thing about Europe is you can travel nearly everywhere by car or train. From Spain to Germany, and the United Kingdom to Ireland, there is so much variety in Europe that you just can’t experience anywhere else in the world. If you’re feeling really adventurous, fly into Iceland, spend a few days there, and fly out to see the rest of Europe!
For those who love history, travel, social diversity, and of course, adventure, Europe offers all of that and more!
If you decide Europe is the place for your adventure honeymoon, you’ll need at the very minimum 10 days to get a good experience. Of the hundreds of things to do in Europe, here are just a few that must be on your adventure honeymoon “to do” list:
• Visit Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland and soak in the Blue Lagoon spa
• For Beatles fans, you have to journey to Liverpool, England to show all your lovin’ for the band
• Explore famous castles like Windsor Castle, England; Edinburgh Castle, Scotland; and Ballynahinch Castle, Ireland
• Tour (and drink) at some of Europe’s most famous breweries, including Guinness, Heineken, Newcastle, Wells & Young, Monastery, and Erdinger
• Go backpacking! This adventure on its own could take months to complete!
• Get a huge backpack (obviously), your passport, and a Eurail pass – The Eurail goes through 25 countries, including: Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Italy, Sweden and Switzerland
• Need a break from adventure? Check out the beautiful beaches of Ibiza and Spain!
• Of course, while you’re in France, you have to visit Paris, the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower
An adventure honeymoon to Europe could really be the adventure of a lifetime, and an amazing way to get your marriage started.
No matter where your adventure honeymoon takes you, you and your spouse will get to see some of the most amazing sites in the world while learning more about each other and growing closer as a couple.
You can book your trip on Just Tour Deals!